Airbag light is missing.

I noticed the other day that my car has had the ABS light removed - it appears that one of the previous owners has replaced the warning light panel with a non ABS one. The current panel only has the airbag light on it. Not only that, but because the plugs are different, it's not even plugged in! Am I correct in thinking that the airbag light must light up for the MOT?

I'm slightly worried about why they'd remove the ABS light in the first place, instead of just fixing the problem (if there even is a problem, tbh I've not actually tried a braking test yet).

On a side note, if anyone is breaking a VR6 and has a warning lamp panel I'd be be very interested in buying it! (and a 4 pin MAF plug if you've got one going :D)

There are a couple of different types of plug so you need to get one that is identical to yours, some have wider or a different number of prongs on the connector end.

For instance my abs and airbag connector the incandescent bulbs burnt out and I couldn't find a matching one anywhere and ended up soldering on some new bulbs in my original unit.

Handy info there' date=' thanks guys! I think I'll invest in a fault reader when I get paid, is there any particular one I should go for or avoid?

Rsweeney, would you mind taking a pic of the back of the panel so I can see if my plug will fit?

[/quote']

VCDS or vag com is the best to get for functionality.