BIT CONCERNED ABOUT THIS

ok my vr6 has recently started making a rattling noise from under bonnet for first 2 - 3 seconds if that when i start it from cold also if i hold it at about 3000 rpm the noise appears and constantly also when i get to the higher revs threw out each gear ,,,,,,,,,,,,very worried last time i heard that sort of noise was when i blew my renault williams clio !!!!!! water isnt creamy ,,,oil isnt mucky and had new engine with 100k on it 2 years ago ,,,,,,,,,,,,,iwhen i first heard rattle i assumed the obvious and checked oil cos sounded like an old fords tappets and it was dry but i have filled her up and noise still there !!!! best way to explain it is it sounds like tappets on anold xr3i or something ,,,,,,,,,,but the performance is still there just noisy and not smooth as she alwayys has been any ideas people ????????????? is she dying ???????????? +o(

just took tensioner bolt out and re tightened and seems to of quietened could i just need a new tensioner bolt ??? or maybe oil change with some nice thick oil ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont need this rite now heater matrix went the other day too!!!! lol