Alright everyone, been on the forum a while looking at other peoples bits and bobs so thought it was time to share mine!

I bought "Vera" localy for £450 after selling my GTI. havent done loads of bits but dribs and drabs.

mileage at 130k but engine is sweet as a nut with no rattles, bangs, knocks and a clear reading on the diagnostics!

Been rolling roaded in the last month (in my ownership) at 193.3 BHP and 153 ft of torque which surprised me for a lump supposed to produce 184? lol

will be pic heavy as ive got alot to catch up on

This is when i first got her

903cc91d.jpg

2289ddff.jpg

After looking into why the heaters wouldnt work we found the heater matrix was shot

ba44fe11.jpg

clear fogs fitted, not everyones cup of tea but cheap at £5

99192347.jpg

After a clean

5d9f9912.jpg

Started to look at wheels for her. Wanted to go Euro style and the 18" AMG wheels were the ones BUT...... Im not rich so found a 16" version

0180557b.jpg

planned to polish them and stretch tyres but things changed after i tried to polish them myself hearing it was simple

2101a573.jpg

that was 4 hours work and being an impatient person i gave up!!

my next fantastic idea was a bora front end after seeing this pic

478bcc7d.jpg

couldnt find a build thread for one anywhere which made me think it was easy so off to ebay it was and bought myself a complete front end!

33187e48.jpg

it wasnt as easy as i thought

d88233b3.jpg

using my old GTI as a guinnee pig i found the wings would need to be cut straight along the top of the wing and the original mk3 wing welded to the bora wing, the bonnet, bumper and grill would need to be cut in half and shortened, slam pannel wouldnt fit so a custom rad.............TOO MUCH WORK. We tried different things but nothing worked. Luckily i bought the front end very cheap so made a few bob when i sold it!

next was to get the car down a little bit, stole the lowering springs off the gti and temporarily lowered on the bbs's

56c83f59.jpg

e391dee0.jpg

with the merc wheels off the menu the hunt continued until these popped up

7ef0214f.jpg

unfortunately not BBS's but koenig's. 8j's with 205/50/17's on the back and 195/50/17's on the front so a nice stretch

8fd3c647.jpg

b3dd3a9e.jpg

3f078ba9.jpg

you can see there was a fair bit of arch gap still so.........

66c533de.jpg

shiny new present arrived!!

then i got carried away

1b615437.jpg

3ceb0e3c.jpg

and thats it for the time being!

There are a few more things planned, Interior should be going leather, roof lining and pillars sprayed, possibly a respray but at least get rid of the little niggly rust bubbles, some chroming under the bonnet and a vento front.

good comments, bad comments whatever they may be please leave them.

a002ad6a.jpg

Cheers everyone it's good to get some credit! It's been a while since I got it and progress is slow as I don't earn alot but its getting there.

The number plate was a part in buyin it and looks great on German plates ;) hoping to get to a few vr6oc meets but not sure if there are any around the Norfolk way so will try and say hello at some of the shows