Warning:

The ministry has been doing the rounds here in Yorkshire over the past few weeks, they are having a big crack down on window tints on front side windows, James the owner of JBS Autodesigns has been told to remove his from his Octavia this week, also heard of quite a few other lads recently that have been told to remove them. Have they got nothing better to do??

We've not been so lucky up here, if the police don't like your tints, they make you remove them there and then or they deem your car unsafe to drive home, not sure how legal it is but no-one's been brave enough to contest it yet. Scumbags.

I know that over here in Spain and Germany for definate, front side tints are illegal, but i thought that it was still ok to do them in the UK, is this a new law they've just brought in or something? I'd check up on that b4 doing anything rash. If u know what percentage your tints darken by, might help anyones case.

yeah, been cracking down in the stockton/boro area too recently. my mate got told to remove his and he told the copper he didnt have to as they let enough light through, so the copper argued and made my mate wait 2 1/2 hours for the traffic van to come round with the test equipment, just to prove my mate wrong, but they couldnt the tossers. the copper must have said to the bloke on the van, just take your time cos this lads being awkward, some coppers are just tits eh.

my mate said next time hell just take the rectification order and go to a local autoglass centre to have it tested as he wont have to wait 2 hours to get it tested and signed off as safe.

im ok, dont have tints, just the standard VW green stuff.