I got an offer shortly after spring fest for the mk2 and I couldn't refuse it. I then got browsing and found this it's done 100k obd2 remote central locking. I'll get some pictures of the interior when I get time :)

bcb0d983.jpg

87ec4fa5.jpg

Plans are to keep it OE, fully poly bush it and uprate things as I go along.

ABS was corroded round the plug so got hold of a module and plug (cheers craggsy and nice 32) Going to replace all sensors too

There's a few bits of rust but two new wings will sort that may get side repeaters smoothed off and get a us spec front bumper and vento front.

312mm brakes as the wheels I have seen are 17s and 288mm will look lost.

Engine bay will be clean and as OE looking as possible but with a charger :D

All comments welcome.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

one of the advisories for the mot was that the front suspension had corrosion on the springs. So without going any further I decided I may aswell get coilovers. I went for FK AK street coilovers instead of jom and I must say they are loads better there firm but not rock solid and are quite giving when there needed to be ie potholes etc.

Picture of the rear before fitting

b27e5e4b.jpg

Then how it sat after they had been fitted

ba935007.jpg

I didnt want to go to low as I have learnt my lesson there and wanted to be able to use the power on back roads etc

I have since been quite busy with house stuff listen to your parents kids owning your own house is hard lol living at home and paying board is so much cheaper and easier. But I have managed to pull in a good cleaning session on the old girl.

Clay wax polish the lot. Here's the results.

Underside of the bonnet

46346efa.jpg

Door

e67e715e.jpg

During its wash, I love the storm grey and how it looks different colours in different light an angles.

19f8f15a.jpg

Then added a carbon wrapped badge. I went for gloss carbon as I like the wet look.

44b5ff50.jpg

And finally so far added a deep dish suede steering wheel feels so nice to drive with. Not to cold and doesnt get too hot either. Although took a while to get used to how far the stalks were away from the wheel.

(excuse the rug I hate it lol)

df9aacc7.jpg

And fitted

82473c0d.jpg

Next on the list is carbon roof, new wings roll arches get the rust sorted out on the arches and hunt for wheels.

It's either bbs rc off of a BMW

Porsche 928

Compomotive mo6

And in that order of preference :)

Cheers mate, I actually fitted that exhaust that I had for the mk2 to the mk3 today. And the air filter, makes so much difference and it's not too loud either or droney when cruising on motorways etc.

Looks good' date=' liking the colour!

[/quote']

Thanks it took me a while it needs new front wings but it's proving difficult to find some in this colour. I've been quoted £300-400 to get all 4 arches tidyed up with two new wings.

Thanks guys. It was the colour that made me buy it I had a gti in the same colour, and loved it so I sold the mk2 and bought this.

However after the storm we had which included hail stones the size of golf balls it left dents on the bonnet on roof hence why I'm going to carbon wrap the roof and may save and get a carbon bonnet too and get it sprayed to match.