Yeah im well chuffed - not on the home straight yet though- ive got to sort out if its ok that i can pick it up in about 3 weeks and make sure hes ok accepting a less worrying deposit as giving 800 quid to someone in another country is not wise! Its not easy as he doesnt understand english too well either lol Apparently i dont have to pay duty on it as its over a certain age (6 months) :-) I just need to pay the fee to register it over here :-)

http://www.sat-info-page.de/golf/index.html

Ive just spoken to the owner (whos actually a really cool guy) and hes willing to wait for me :-) :-) :-p

So far the spec ive found out is;-

full bespoke SS exhaust system with high flow cat

sport clutch

koenig front leather seats

Adjustable coilovers

Hes not poistive but apparently it might of been a H&R demo car a few years back cos it had all the bits fitted.

The car has hardly been used the last year and a half as hes bought a new Merc convertible. Sounds lovely....

Its near Colonge Airport. Talking a 2 and a half hour drive to calais. The guys going to pick me up which is cool. And he lives 30 KM from th 'ring. Think ill wait until im used to 4WD before i start ragging it round the ring though!! lol Hes sending me everything he can think of in English to do with the car plus more pictues to wet my appetite.... :-) Will post them soon or might wait until i get the car to avoid tempting some kind of horrible fate lol ;-)

nice one mate -sounds like you've landed on your feet!

how much does it work out in £? it looks great and has bloody everything!

oh, and if you want to get rid of those manky wheels that are on it -i'll make sure you never see them again ;)

lol very good Stu- The cars costing 4200, flight to cologne airport around 60 quid, petrol and ferry/ hovercraft back to the UK Dover for 60 quid.

I need to look into TUV/ MOT rules etc as id like to drive on German plates for a bit ;-)

1st thing i need to do when i get back is register it which cost 34 quid - theres no duty as the car is over 6 months old- thats the rules :-)

For the MOT i know ill need RHD headlamps (An excuse to get some mk4's i think :-)) and im not sure but i will need the speedo changed whether or not its a requirement for the MOT as otherwise itll be a pain! Thats it m8, oh and road tax ;-)

So all in around 4500- 4600 :-p