Hello all, i've replaced lambda probe and i'm still getting 2 fault codes

00635 Oxygen Sensor Heating Circuit - Ahead of Catalytic Convertor

00525 P0131 O2 Sensor - Voltage Low -G39

anybody any ideas whats causing these to come up? all the wiring seems to be okay :(

The heating circuit problem could point to a relay fault. There is a relay which controls the current to the Lambda heater. VAG-COM can perform 'output tests' and Lambda heater relay is one of them. Give it a shot and you should hear it clicking under the dash once per second during the test. If in doubt, check its pushed into the socket OK and that the wiring isnt frayed anywhere, and that there is continuity from the relay panel to the Lambda socket - then last resort, replace the relay and see if that cures it. The relays are under a tenner.

Cheers,

Jules

hey

I've just been reading up on this in the Bently manual.

Firstly, you should check that there is voltage getting to the plug for the Lambda probe to work.

The supply plug from the car side has 4 input wires, a cluster of 3 and 1 by itself:

[1]

[2]

[3]

[]

[4]

You check for voltage across [1] and [2] - whilst the engine is running. You might be able to use a small bulb if you dont have a digi-meter....

About the Lambda relay - the Bently calls it a "Heated Oxygen Sensor Control Module" - thats bad news for you as it doesnt sound like its just a cheap relay - its more than that.

Anyway, for info, its in position 13 of the relay panel, looking from the front of the panel.

[19][20][21][22][23][24]

[13][14][15][16][17][18]

[01][02][03][04][05][06]

[07][08][09][10][11][12]

|||||||||||||||||||||| <-- fuses

Cheers,

Jules

[ Edited Sun Mar 14 2004, 05:51PM ]

I've had a look in the fuse box and there is'nt a relay no 13 in there it only goes up to 12.Could it be because it's a 1997 VR6 and it's different?I'm going to check everthing else out tommorow, see if there's any power at the lambda probe.

Thanks again Jason

Wiring seem's to be okay.I tried what you said and connected the multimeter up and sometime's i was getting a reading of around 12 volts and other times the neadle on the multi meter was fluctuating up and down.Strange !! I've seen a couple of relay's above the fuse box maybe it's one of them.

Thanks Again Jason

Thank god for that! - and thanks for posting the eventual fix - too many of these posts on car forums go un-unsolved...!

Riddle me this: was the GSF Lambda probe a Beru item? I bought one from ECP, it was a Beru, and there was no signal coming out of it... bit the bullet and bought a genuine Bosch item and all hunky dorey.

Jules

No it was'nt a beru i can't remember what make it was as ive thrown the box away!It's goin back though!!

Where did you buy your bosch one from VAG or somewhere else i could'nt find anyone who supplied bosch one's.

It cost me £53+vat by the way.

Jason