Engine swap - few questions

Due to me forgetting to top up the oil in my engine, and killing it, I have had to swap engine, what a pain in the ass! lol

anyway I have a few questions;

when I removed the connector from this sensor the sensor broke, anyone know what it is so that I can get a new one?

P3261377circle.jpg

secondly, My car has aircon, but i noticed that my power steering pup wasnt toothed, so I have swaped that from the one on my donor engine as that was, but now my water pump is not! my question is, is the pulley on a air con car different to a non air con car?

P3261381.jpg

Finaly, there are two water pipes going to the throttle body, one that goes to the head and one to the expansion tank, does it make a difference where on the throttle body they go.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi mate,

- when I removed the connector from this sensor the sensor broke, anyone know what it is so that I can get a new one?

This would be an oil pressure sensor... they should be coloured, can probably pick up from the stealers

use Vag-Cat to obtain part number....

secondly, My car has aircon, but i noticed that my power steering pup wasnt toothed, so I have swaped that from the one on my donor engine as that was, but now my water pump is not! my question is, is the pulley on a air con car different to a non air con car?

not 100% to be honest, possibly as they use a double sided ribbed belt, cant find any photos of my old mk3 that had air con...

- Finaly, there are two water pipes going to the throttle body, one that goes to the head and one to the expansion tank, does it make a difference where on the throttle body they go.

nope, not really although i have the pipe from the header tank on the back connector, you'll see when they go on... it doestnt look quite right the other way around :)

the first one is the oil temp sensor that are quite common for breaking like that just need a new one ...

second as far as i know all the water pump pulleys are smooth no grooves

and the two small coolant pipe to the throttle body the one from the expansion bottle normally goes on the back one the one closest to the bulk head ......

Hi mate' date='

- when I removed the connector from this sensor the sensor broke, anyone know what it is so that I can get a new one?

This would be an oil pressure sensor... they should be coloured, can probably pick up from the stealers

use Vag-Cat to obtain part number....

not 100% to be honest, possibly as they use a double sided ribbed belt, cant find any photos of my old mk3 that had air con...

- Finaly, there are two water pipes going to the throttle body, one that goes to the head and one to the expansion tank, does it make a difference where on the throttle body they go.

nope, not really although i have the pipe from the header tank on the back connector, you'll see when they go on... it doestnt look quite right the other way around :)

[/quote']

pete mate its the oil temp sensor broken not the pressure sensor !!! lol

awesome super fast replies, thanks, I'll get the sensor ordereed up tomorrow, I cant get the front back on without it!

while I'm hear I just remembered, while I did the swap I swapped the engine and box complete from the donor car as they was working fine, but now my reverse gear seems stiff, could there be a reason ? I havent disconnected the servo pipe, I just removed the servo complete and swapped it to the new box.

Ta

Mark

awesome super fast replies' date=' thanks, I'll get the sensor ordereed up tomorrow, I cant get the front back on without it!

while I'm hear I just remembered, while I did the swap I swapped the engine and box complete from the donor car as they was working fine, but now my reverse gear seems stiff, could there be a reason ? I havent disconnected the servo pipe, I just removed the servo complete and swapped it to the new box.

Ta

Mark

[/quote']

it could just be the cables need adjusting or the linkage has got stiff if its been sitting of a while ????

I was just having this conversation with yakuza racer about the AC and non AC pumps possibly having different pulleys, as he wants to get rid of his AC but says he has a toothed pulley for a double sides belt as opposed to my non AC car having a smooth pulley and single sided belt.

And yea thats the oil temp sender for the dash MFA readout, I've had to replace it a couple of times as they are made of sh!te and corrode really fast, you can get them from dealers and as of last summer they were like £3.50