Knocking when driving over bumps and 1 big knock when reverse turning.. CV?

When driving along a smooth road I get no sounds from the suspension as if all is OK, but when i got over potholes or sharp bumps I get a knocking, speed doesn't seem to be a factor in this, fast or slow it still happens.

Then when I come to reverse park at home I reverse and full lock left and get 1 big loud knock, never any more and it doesn't knock when I straighten up and wont knock going from lock to lock slowly forwards.

The knock only ever comes from the driver side front.

I've just fitted powerflex bushes all round and it has made it more noticeable but not more frequent, I assume due to the new bushes being good and tight.

I waited till after I replaced the bushes as I wanted to eliminate the possibility it wasn't just the terribly worn bushes causing play and knocking.

I've checked the ball joints and tie rod ends for play and there is none at all.

Am I looking at a bust CV joint? If so how can I tell if its inner or outer? Or is it almost always the outer?

Cheers

I've now also noticed a ticking noise coming from the wheel, it sounds like a big stone stuck in the tread, and I've checked, there isn't! It happens in a straight line and possibly goes away/gets quieter when turning

It doesn't always present itself until going above about 20-30mph then it will click with speed relative to the speed, and will continue clicking right to a standstill under braking.

a mechanic mate thinks that there is a lot of play in the ball joints where i couldnt feel any upon further inspection so im going to fit 2 new ones, he also said that the ticking looked to be the stone guard on the disc making contact, even though i bent it out of the way as far as i could see but he said it was catching

mate i had this very same problem couple weeks ago and my mechanic said it was he flange on hub was worn and knocking against the abs sensor i also did bearing to be sure and its totally gone now ......it sounded like a stone was tuck in tread of tyre and was def rotational so id say do bearing and check this flange ......it sort of looks like a small flywheel....

The rear bearings have excessive play too so I'm going to change them too, VW are having a laugh at £50 per side when they get chucked when the disc is goosed anyway!

These parts won't come until Monday so I'll fit them then.

Everything else looks to be in vgc so they are staying as they are.

Then total geometry setup after that, hopefully on Monday too if I cans wheeze it in