i was just driving and whent to use clutch and it just went to floor not sure what wrong but it something do with pedal dont think its actual clutch i thought it mite be cable but it seems it doesnt have one some sort of metal rod with ball on back ....i have found in fot weel a white sort of bracket and small sqaure of metal with welding dots on back?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? need it fixed shall ijust get new whole pedal from a gti or vr6 with clips etc aint got a clue where to start

Have you got any pics?? There's no cable on these as it's a hydraulic clutch, same kind of principal as the brake system with a master cylinder.

Sounds like the little tab on the pedal that pushed the rod into the master cylinder has snapped off.. You might be able to get the pedal off and have it welded back on if you can see exactly where it goes

do you have a vr6 as my pedal sticks to the floor and i can lift it back up with my foot and it still changes gear as they are hydrolic

That sound like a master cylinder fault more than a mechanical bracket failure. Either the master cylinder has gone stiff or the push rod isn't aligned up and it's getting stuck.

really that be great if you could if u can sort it just gimme a price for ya time petrol etc and if u need me get any bits in meantime i have small piece of metal plate still i think and a white bracket clip thin looks in one piece ...... my foot slipped off clutch and it broke at that point!!!! the little square looks like it has welding dots which match a part of pedal as if it where it used to be ????? is it easier to get a new pedal and will and mk3 golf fit the vr6?? also id be very gratefull if u could solve this ?

yeah course i can come over mate just PM me your address and number ill give you a txt sat morning let you know what time ill be there .... im sure we can sort it mate dont worry ill bring some bits and bobs just in case as long as the white plastic clip is in one bit we should be ok ...

and Mr potter yeah i can drop them off on my way through ......

had the same on new years eve mate,relatively easy fix,i tried to re weld it back on in situ but was a nightmare even with the front seat out,ended up removing the clutch pedal,welding the plate back on...the bugger wont break off again,putting the pedal back in,a little tip...compress the spring in a vice and put a cable tie around it to hold it compressed,put the spring back in place and just cut the cable tie and remove the tie...much easier than trying to squash it back in...i alsoundone the master cylinder bolts to allow room to put the white clip back on....i got a new one from vw....only 37 pence or something....good luck any hows...........

thanks mate having a lokk toomorow and see whats going on lokks like tonyhrvt is gonna help cant believe how helpful people are on this site !!!!!!!!!!!!! u all make it sound so easy done alot of work on my vr myself but this seems hard