fitment of G60 final drive

• 2 months later...

Have got the G60 final drive in my VR and it transforms the car ; accelerates like its got a rocket up it's bum and turns it from a "cruiser" to a "bruiser". (6)

Can't remember about 2nd gear performance (the VR's currently being repaired but hope to have it back before the week's out then i'll let you know).

As for the motorway, I believe it cruises at 70mph at a little over 3000 rpm ; however if I was to get it done again I'd get a 5th gear out of mk3 diesel put in to bring the motorway rpm back down a bit.

Its best to find someone who know's their way around gearboxes to do it as there's a crapload of parts in a box and v.easy to be left with a pile of bits - there should be a gearbox builder/recon company in your area who would sort it out ?

Hope that helps a bit :-)

Agree with the above. Totally changes the VR6.

Don't worry about your first 2 questions, they will be the last thing on your mind when you drive it.

I'm just about get my new gearbox rebuilt with a g60 FD, had one in my last VR's and really miss the punch in the face when you accelerate when I went back to a standard gearbox..

You'll need a bolt fitting kit ideally.. http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vw/acatalog/Wavetrac_Differentials.html 9th item down.

Get new seals / bearings, your looking at about 70 -80 quid for bearings, details as follows;

Diff Bearings KLM300849/KLM300811 (You need 2)

Upper Pinion Bearing KLM29749/LM29710  (You Need 1)

Lower Pinion Bearing L45449/L45410 (You Need 1)

Diff Oil Seals 40-60-10/12  (You Need 2)

Company: GEM in Warwick, Tel 01926 497778

Agree with the above. Totally changes the VR6.

Don't worry about your first 2 questions' date=' they will be the last thing on your mind when you drive it.

I'm just about get my new gearbox rebuilt with a g60 FD, had one in my last VR's and really miss the punch in the face when you accelerate when I went back to a standard gearbox..

You'll need a bolt fitting kit ideally.. http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vw/acatalog/Wavetrac_Differentials.html 9th item down.

Get new seals / bearings, your looking at about 70 -80 quid for bearings, details as follows;

Diff Bearings KLM300849/KLM300811 (You need 2)

Upper Pinion Bearing KLM29749/LM29710  (You Need 1)

Lower Pinion Bearing L45449/L45410 (You Need 1)

Diff Oil Seals 40-60-10/12  (You Need 2)

Company: GEM in Warwick, Tel 01926 497778

[/quote']

I’m guessing that these parts are required ON TOP of the final drive??!! And is this for self fitment or it doesn’t matter either way, you still need them??!!