WOT BOX 2 step launch control + flat shift system

Has anyone had any experience with this system, I came across it by accident really, thought the racelogic launch control was a bit steep, but this seems like a cheaper alternative, (however without the traction control bit)

I'm more interested in the flat shift system, which would maintain boost through a gear change, so less time for turbo to spool up after shifting. Thought this might be pretty good, but unsure of how good this equipment really is.

On their website it does say its suitable for mk3 vr6, so surely won't be any different with a turbo bolted to it?

I would post their link up, but my phone won't copy the link for some reason.

yes mate I was looking at the same system as you say its a great price and looks promising, after doing some digging it does get good press and people do like it on their vr's too however after talking to a couple of tuners over here they can do the same thing with a remap and I think I would prefer to get them to do it tbh :)

Didn't know you could remap to do that, I do like the idea of it, and can see how it works off clutch switch and throttle etc..

I like the fact you can turn it on and off as I please, although I suppose with a remap and no override, it would only activate with full throttle and clutch signal anyway.

Wonder how gearbox would cope with it, I'd imagine that when it fires the coil up again there's gonna be a lot of fuel burnt off, flames maybe, but would it give massive surge of power when the clutch is fully disengaged?

yeah I didnt either but I happened to mention it and they said yes and then there was some vids of the no lift shift in action posted in a r32 which are very impressive !

yeah exactly the launch control works off a button and the no lift would only be under full throttle anyway I would think

I will try and find the vid for you mate :)

Cheers for the info Ben, that R32 video is very impressive. I can see the benifit for the launch system on 4wd, but not really on front as why built up boost for it just to spin the wheels under full throttle, may as well just come off clutch lightly (unless like the racelogic with traction control system too)

I think personally, i would rather go for the box than the remap version, simply because I have just had it all remapped, and gonna cost a hell of a lot more to have it remapped again with this software on.

I think I will have to do some more investigation!

How do you think they get round this on their system? Is there a switch on the clutch pedal as standard? Or would this system have a switch with the kit that would have to be mounted to the pedal?

I had a feeling that standard ecu wouldnt be able to do it, especially an OBD1 (with coilpack)

Are their any kits that are recommended by UM without any major cost or major work involved?

It's gonna get a bit expensive then though really. I know that would probably be the best way to do it, but after just having all the tuning done last month for turbo, i dont want all the hassle and cost of that all again. If I could simply wire something in for cheaper that has the same effect I would rather do that. then that way I have handware too not just software, so if I didn't like it, I can sell hardware as a kit no problem at all, yet I'd struggle to get close to my money back for just the software

Buy good hardware and software you get good results. Buy cheap and it will work crap. Fact! :)

If you've spent all this money on buying good stuff in the past few months why skimp now? Fact is, if you do it as I suggested it leaves your setup a lot more tuneable. There is only so much can be done with chip tuning and don't forget it is now 20+ year old technology. You should be able to pick up a loom and ecu for under 200 quid, I suppose getting the loom made up and the software to suit could be the more expensive part though..