Where do you buy your oil from?

I normally buy my engine oil from Halfords. I used to get the Halfords own brand 0w-40 fully synthetic - which I'm sure used to be cheap - dunno - maybe I bought it in a sale period or something - I'm sure it used to be about £20 for 5L....

Went in tonight to pick some up and its up at bloody £29 - which was not much cheaper than the branded stuff like Castrol or the like... which was around £31....

So I came out and got to thinking - now that Halfords has gone all expensive - where else can I buy cheap yet good oil from? I couldnt think of anywhere....

Put some petrol in at Tescos, and picked up a 1L of Magnatex for about £7.50 - it was about £8.75 in Halfords...

Take that Halfords. Thanks for nothing....

Jules

[ Edited ]

yeah - I know people slag Halfords off for selling neon lights for your car etc, but they are handy if you need summut on a Sunday - like a rear wheel bearing for instance. Very handy. But they have started to get expensive. So gotta be thrifty now.

Woolies eh? Will have to take a trip down!

Theres a few independant shops I know so I'll be giving them my trade - as long as they are cheaper...

Wonder if you can get it cheap off the net somewhere?

Jules

Synta silver from GSF is £11.16 for 5 litres!

Just been to get some for mine - couldn't believe the bill only came to £33 odd for 10 litres and an oil filter! Guess I better go outside and change the oil now then...

I get Synta Silver from the cheapest place i can find it when i need it, so most of the time it's the local stealers. Got some on Friday for £15 odd for 5 litres, although i did manage a bargain a while back when i noticed it on the wrong shelf (where the 1 litre bottles should have been judging by the price), and got 5 litres for just over 7 quid!! lol

Normally look at getting a few bottles from Inters though, so i'll do that again this year!

I bought 5 litres Fuchs Titan XTR Semi-Synth 10/40 for just over a tenner (from local Scats country store).

They also do Fully Syn (5/30 I think) for just over £13 !

Said it's VW approved on the back - believe this company's oil goes in a lot of new VW / BMW etc and have seen them recommended elsewhere.