Hi guys, don't post much in here but Im hoping someone can shed some light on an issue Ive run into.

Im fitting a replacement wiring loom into my bay and I've noticed that there are two plugs missing from it (compared to the loom I've taken out).

1st missing plug fits onto a sensor which is mounted ontop of the ECU Part No. 1H0959625

as far as I can tell this is an ambient air sensor, surely this should be present on ALL wiring looms, any ideas why it would be missing on the replacement I have?

2nd mising plug actually attaches onto the vaccum solenoid just above the ABS unit

2011-12-26151731.jpg

I don't know what this solenoid does but I know it takes a vac feed from the inlet and diverts it through the bulkhead via the little white plastic nipple poking out inbetween the heater matrix pipes.

I need to know what these two parts actually do because if I install this new loom I wont be able to connect them into the system, equally if I have to run new wiring for them and splice it into the new loom that will be a PITA!

Thanks for any help! Ollie.

Perfect thats what I wanted to hear, well half of it anyway. I think the smbient air sensor on the ecu gets done away with in favour of the sensor on the dash board (when using climate system)

But if what your saying about the recirc valve is right then that doesnt add up. The loom Im adding in place of my original loom came from a car with climate control, and consequently, A/C. Also I know when I installed the climate heater unit I plugged a vac line onto the little white nipple so was expecting to have to use it, but with the absense of the plug for the valve it looks like that isn't needed.

Im installing a schrick too mate so by the sounds of things looks like I have a spare valve if I ever need one! :D

Cheers for that mate you've made my day! Just got the bay loom installed this afternoon so happy Ive not got to take it out to add something!!

Can I ask you to send me a pic from a similar position as the one mine is taken from so I can see just how the vac line connects to the heater matrix flange, I imagine yours still has the green 'T-piece' just after the blue non-return valve and from the T piece a length of vac line just goes straight into the heater matrix flange (The white nipple).

This all suggests that when using the regular heater box setup some of the settings require vacuum and some dont so the little solenoid is there to shut it off whereas with the climate box the system needs a permanent vacuum and the electronics sorts its self out.

Thanks again guys!

Mine has it and has conventional, manual AC, the other one in my workshop doesnt have it and has no AC whatsoever, it's still obd2. The Corrado, which is obviously obd1, does not have ot either, nor does it have AC...

My conclusion is that it is a solenoid valve required for manual air con as it would appear that it is neither found on non-AC cars or Climatronic cars,regardless of whether they re obd1 or 2.

This is the valve on my car which has manual AC

b4c1d624.jpg

And the other car in the workshop with no AC...

744f496b.jpg

Part no. of solenoid valve..

7297ba40.jpg