high beam has been lost!!

Hi guys i have recently purchased a mk3 golf vr6 which i am happy with, very quick torqy car!! i am exsperiancing a problem with high beam settings on the lights (not working at all) was wondering if anybody knows of any commen acuring faults i could check before i start pulling all the wiring to pieces?

Have checked all fuse's already! If anybody could shed any light on this matter i would really appriciate it! Thanks Hampy.

this might sound like a stupid question, have you checked the bulbs? , when you pull the switch back does the main beam warning symbol light up in the centre of the clocks? also,worth checking that there are no loose cables to the actuall switch unit itself, to remove the steering cowling there are 3 screws . if its not that then i think there is a relay for them, check to see if thats clicking. hope this helps.

Hi mate, ye bulbs are all good nd no i dont get the high light warning symbol on the dash either! The switch stalk its self clicks when pulling it towards you so i think that is working ok but i haven't checked the plug on the back of the switch unit itself yet.

You are not far from a few of us so if you fancy a trip down the M27 and meet some other VR owners give me a shout as we always like to help out a fellow club member. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Don't you guys fancy moving closer to Wales....lovely roads to play on....!!!!!!!!!....go on..you know you want to!!!