Clay bar.........

I bought another VR in black, and decided that I was gonna attempt to clean it. So I went to Halfords and bought some Meguires polish, canuba wax and a clay detailing kit......

So Far I have clay barred the bonnet, both front wings and both front doors. My question is I've only used half of one of the clay bars so far, and it still seems to be going strong in that I can mould it a few times and it appears clean. So how far would a clay bar go, or how much should I have used by now??!!

Oh and it's MUCH EASIER than I thought it would be using a clay bar, bonnet wings and doors are nice and smooooooooth.........

You shoul be able to do a whole car on half a bit of the megs stuff , i usually wash it under hot water to keep it clean , next time you need some get the bilt hamber clay as you can use water instead of lube saving you money , does look good when you do it , get some pics up !

You shoul be able to do a whole car on half a bit of the megs stuff ' date=' i usually wash it under hot water to keep it clean , next time you need some get the bilt hamber clay as you can use water instead of lube saving you money , does look good when you do it , get some pics up !

[/quote']

Hopefully the weather will let me finish it tomorrow, but where do you get the Bilt Hamber clay from??

so what is clay bar' date=' :S

do you put it on ya wipe it on ya cloth or body panel then polish away,

[/quote']

It looks like a piece of blue/white tack that you rub across your paint work to get rid of all the crap that's built up over time. But don't rub it over dry, it'll mark the paint.....

I started by washing the whole car, then dried the whole car, then clay barred one panel, then polished the panel, then caunba waxed the panel, then moved on to the next panel!!!!!!!! seems a lot of work hopefully be worth it!!!!!!!??