[moved] Whats it worth?

First off, i'm unsure of the forum policy on such threads as i'm not a regular on here, but just to clarify atm the car isn't for sale anywhere, & if it's not worth in the region of what i think it is i'll just hold on for it for a few years as i dont need the money.

Car in question is a 96/97 N reg five door in black obd2 vr6 with 80k miles on it. It is mot'd until next year sometime and mot'd until next july, i will put twelve months on if it helps price wise as i know it will pass first time, as it has every mot i've done since i've had the car, five years.

I Bought it with 60k miles on five years ago and it has nearly all old mot's to prove miles and service history from about 2004 - nothing previous sadly and no vw history book but other manuals are present.

in certain lights theres a few scratches, bit of rust from under the n/s/r window seal few scratches on the bumper corners etc, it's not mint,

While i've had it i've changed the oil filter every year and have done less than 500 miles this year and about a thousand miles the year before. I've replaced, plugs, leads, coil pack, oil pressure switches & temp, both water pumps, thermostat/housing/all plastic pipes in that area, mass air flow senser, front discs and pads, rear axle bushes. auc belt. All these parts have been geniune vw parts and i have invioces to proove.

Recently i've replaced rear discs, pads and w.bearings using non genuine parts unfortunatly. but they work perfectly fine to be fair. When i bought the car i also found a leaky rear shock so replaced both with monroe items.

Currently on the front is 2 dunlops with less than 500 miles and the rears are kumho at about 4mm. sapce saver spare as new.

interior is ok, again not mint but ok, slight rip in the drivers seat. both o/s window motors are intermittant. everything else works fine, single slot jvc stereo, electric sun roof (no air con)

What kinda price whould i be asking? - Reason for sale is just bought an R32!

golfLarge.jpg

Unfortunately its a buyers market. Car is only worth what someone wants to pay.......... It looks nice enough, and has low mileage compared to most. I would like to think that you'd be able to get between £1200 and £1700 but reality is it would probably be closer to £1000 to £1200.......

My thoughts others may come along and differ.

Good choice on the R32 though!!!!!!

I'll be putting my highline up for sale soon and am wondering about price.

Problem is I know a car is only what someone is willing to pay for it but the more people who give these VR6s away with a packet of cornflakes are only doing more damage to our residuals but people need to sell so it's a vicious circle.

At £1200 the seller would have to be desperate.

I know what you're saying..... As you said, £1200 is desperate, and seeing as James isn't in a hurry to sell, he can hold out for a higher price. Yours is slightly different in that it's a highline model, so more desirable..........

Any pics of the strut braces yet????