im sure ive been ripped off

i had a quote to supply , paint and fit a drivers door top hinge £120 , i had the work done got my car back and all was well , at the time my wife commented on no smell of paint on the hinge ! anyhow 5 months later its dropped again with about 8mm of movement at the handle end . i have no proof , but im guessing they have just put a new pin into a worn hinge . any ideas on how to approach the body shop . i went to this bodyshop because they are a company who is v well known haveing i belive at least 2 magazine features on vws

Have you got a receipt for the work? If so, you MAY be able to make a claim under fit for purpose. If you haven't got a receipt, you're pretty much screwed....you could just ask and appeal to there good nature!!!!!!!!

Also maybe ask an independent engineer (Paul Parky or Tony VRT) for a report on how long a new hinge would be expected to last (only any good if you have a receipt though)

Hope this helps

Let us know what happens

If they fitted a genuine VW part, the part itself it will be covered under the 2 year warranty. Go and have a chat with them and see what they say they might be ok about it and fix it for ya. At least if you go in for a chat about it you will know where you stand. Good luck