Are 4 motion and r32 engine looms the same??

I'm in the middle of a MK5 R32 install and the sheer volume of differences I've seen between the 3, sorry, 4, types of 24V engine are ridiculous!!

Different port shapes and sizes, different valves, different intakes, different cams and VVT adjusters, different looms, different gaskets, different head bolts, different injectors.....you name it. Even the bloody ignition coils vary in length!!

My advice to anyone contemplating gonig 24v is to get the whole darn lot from the *same* donor car. Mixing and matching different bits of R32 and 24V will lead you down an expensive dead end.

Well actually there is a 5th type of '24v' engine, which we never got, which is the FSI 3.2. Yet again, more changes..... 86mm pistons (84mm in the R32) and a narrower V angle. I would have liked to install one of those as it's closer to over-square than the R32, so can rev more freely.

Did the MK4 and MK5 R32 get different cams? Where does the extra 10hp come from? I thought it was just in the mapping?

Oh and I will be using the 2.8's 63mm throttle on mine, not the silly 73mm R32 throttle :-)

Well actually there is a 5th type of '24v' engine' date=' which we never got, which is the FSI 3.2. Yet again, more changes..... 86mm pistons (84mm in the R32) and a narrower V angle. I would have liked to install one of those as it's closer to over-square than the R32, so can rev more freely.[/quote']

Don't we get it in the A5/Eos?

Did the MK4 and MK5 R32 get different cams? Where does the extra 10hp come from? I thought it was just in the mapping?

The cams are different between MK4 and 5, but not so you would notice in power figures. The changes are made for emissions purposes. In fact everything that is different between the MK4 and 5 is there to decrease emissions.

The factory quoted figures for the 2 engines are 241hp for the MK4 and 250hp for the MK5. This difference is down the changes in the ECU.