Help, i need your ideas, urgent!

my bonnet release failed and the damage is this

P090811_0925.jpg

P090811_0924.jpg

P090811_0925_01.jpg

what is the best way to get around this, should i try flatten it with wood and hammer or?

my windscreen is all cracked but im getting that fixed this afternoon

i cant have anyone helping themselves to my car, its held down with some 2 tonne toerope but this isnt good enough, i have a replacement bonnet release, just need the bonnet locked until i can get either a new one or it properly pushed out.

thanks

Take the bonnet off completely and bang it back into some kind of normal shape, put yr new catch on and providing the centre of the bonnet is something like, then it should close. You will defo need a new bonnet tho mate. If yr anywhere near Leeds I have a black one you can have for a tenner, also a new sunroof for £20 :-)

Is this common on golfs? Is there anything all of us should be checking to prevent another unfortunate accident? I do a lot of motorway miles and really would not want this to happen at motorway speeds...... Gutted for you mate, but it could have been a lot worse...... Hope you get it sorted soon

Providing you dont have an engine under tray, get yourself a ratchet strap, hook the strap through the catch bracket on the bonnet itself and hook the other end round yr front cross member, if yr really low, pull ya front splitter off an you can get yr hand underneath to work the ratchet to pull the bonnet closed. I will send you a pm with my number if you want this bonnet bud

right, ive got a friend coming round, we're going to take the bonnet off and try and flatten it, windscreen was replaced today, i know full well im not gettin the creases and dents out but what are the chances of getting it to lock, and would if pass an mot without a bonnet hold and a dinted bonnet?

a1 glass or something it set me back £114, the only thing that makes it worse is that the MOT has literally just ran out, and my street its being parked on is being resurfaced, i might somehow have to get it to yours because we're struggling the get the bonnet off, as the right side bolt has been rounded off...