Ok bit of a weird problem an i cant think wats wrong so i will see if any of u can help. If i start the vr when she is parked facing down a hill it idles quite lumpy and when i throttle it sounds like its missing !! But if i start the car on level ground or facing up a hill there is no problem. I dont know wat could be the cause of this problem and wasnt sure if any1 had ever encounterd a similar problem !! Thought i would ask on here for advice b4 i send it to the garage and get raped for summit it might not need..........Any ideas/info would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the car started running worse than before it wouldnt idle and juddered while driving whilst kickin out black smoke. Took the idle control valve off and cleaned everything i could see including all the pipes and the car was fine it idled an ran perfectly with no smoke but now a day later its started with the juddering/smoke and not idling again. I have no idea wat the problem could be as i thought i had sorted it with the ICV. Anyone have any ideas ???

The maf was taken off and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner and all was fine like i said so it could be faulty if its started doin it again.....All the leads,plugs etc will be getting pulled out 2day so i can have a look at them. Hopefully my vagcom cable will be here today so i can hook it up and see if theres anything sinister goin on

The best way i can describe it is that it sounds like its only runnin on 4/5 cylinders then after a few seconds on the throttle its fine !!

MAF or AFM would'nt make that sound like that..

As JP said change the leads is the first option.

And having an uncracked coilpack does not necceasarily mean that its not at fault!

The maf was taken off and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner and all was fine like i said so it could be faulty if its started doin it again.....All the leads' date='plugs etc will be getting pulled out 2day so i can have a look at them. Hopefully my vagcom cable will be here today so i can hook it up and see if theres anything sinister goin on

[/quote']

Forgot to add, pull out plug 1 & 2, had this happen on 2 VR's, Cleaned and put back in and fault had gone.

you can swap the leads to see if you can make the miss jump cylinder .. also as mj said a coilpack can fail without signs of wear .. but vagcom is a good place to start .

Downside is that VAG Com dont tell you shizzle in regards to coilpack being sc3wed. LoL!