turbo vacuum pipes.... where do they go??

hello fellow vr6 lovers :)

please please please help!!

i have a vr6 turbo and am trying to figure out where all the vacuum hoses go....

i have 2 connectors coming off the external wastegate, 1 on the inlet manifold, one on the dumpvalve, one on the intake pipe (between the throttle body and dumpvale). theres also a connector coming of my fuel pressure gage which is on the left of the engine with the two fuel pipes connected to it. does that need a pipe on it leading to somewhere? and theres a pipe coming of a little box shape thing leading to what i think is the fuel catch tank? located on the o/s/f behind the front bumper... any1 know where that pipe goes?

i hope some1 can help!! i have very poor running and hope that with all the vacuum pipes in place it will sort out the running....

thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that box shaped thing, is it a cylinder shape? if it is your carbon canistor,the pipe goes onto your inlet manifold for fuel vapours to be injected. as for the other hoses im not too sure, turbos arent my specialty, hopefully someone else can guide you. hope that helps mate

hello fellow vr6 lovers :)

please please please help!!

i have a vr6 turbo and am trying to figure out where all the vacuum hoses go....

i have 2 connectors coming off the external wastegate' date=' 1 on the inlet manifold, one on the dumpvalve, one on the intake pipe (between the throttle body and dumpvale). theres also a connector coming of my fuel pressure gage which is on the left of the engine with the two fuel pipes connected to it. does that need a pipe on it leading to somewhere? and theres a pipe coming of a little box shape thing leading to what i think is the fuel catch tank? located on the o/s/f behind the front bumper... any1 know where that pipe goes?

i hope some1 can help!! i have very poor running and hope that with all the vacuum pipes in place it will sort out the running....

thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

1. The lower port on the wastegate is the 1 you'll need to connect to a boost controller, or if your running on the spring inside the wastegate, connects to a positive pressure source - directly off of the compressor housing.

2. The nipple of the inlet manifold - is it a standard manifold? And is it about 3 or 4mm diameter? If so it was used for the fuel pressure regulator.

3. Your dumpvalve might as well link to the port on the boost pipe.

4. Ignore the carbon canister, bin it, its just a waste of space!

Hope that helps

that box shaped thing' date=' is it a cylinder shape? if it is your carbon canistor,the pipe goes onto your inlet manifold for fuel vapours to be injected. as for the other hoses im not too sure, turbos arent my specialty, hopefully someone else can guide you. hope that helps mate

[/quote']

it is a cylinder shape, thanks matey! :)

[

1. The lower port on the wastegate is the 1 you'll need to connect to a boost controller, or if your running on the spring inside the wastegate, connects to a positive pressure source - directly off of the compressor housing.

2. The nipple of the inlet manifold - is it a standard manifold? And is it about 3 or 4mm diameter? If so it was used for the fuel pressure regulator.

3. Your dumpvalve might as well link to the port on the boost pipe.

4. Ignore the carbon canister, bin it, its just a waste of space!

Hope that helps

hi there!

erm on the wastegate it just has one nipple coming out the side of it and one coming out the end of it... i dont have a boost controller and i dunno about the spring thing?

the inlet nipple is standard - do i connect a pipe from the inlet to the fuel pressure then?

when you said about the carbon canister and bining it? do i just blank of the pipes??

thanks for help !!! :)

The nipple coming out of the side of the wastgate is the lower port, the upper port is the 1 in the end. A picture would help identify which w/gate you have.

Basically, the spring inside the w.gate will be rated to a pressure at which it allows the gate to open. So a 7psi spring will give you around 7psi of boost pressure.

If you don't run a boost controller, then the spring will control the boost for you, as long as its not too higher rated!

Yes, join the small nipple on the manifold to the small nipple on the fpr.

1 of the pipes on the top of the canister will be a breather from the fuel tank, which is best left to vent to air (open), and there should be 1 coming from the inlet manifold near the t/body which needs blanking off.

The nipple coming out of the side of the wastgate is the lower port' date=' the upper port is the 1 in the end. A picture would help identify which w/gate you have.

Basically, the spring inside the w.gate will be rated to a pressure at which it allows the gate to open. So a 7psi spring will give you around 7psi of boost pressure.

If you don't run a boost controller, then the spring will control the boost for you, as long as its not too higher rated!

Yes, join the small nipple on the manifold to the small nipple on the fpr.

1 of the pipes on the top of the canister will be a breather from the fuel tank, which is best left to vent to air (open), and there should be 1 coming from the inlet manifold near the t/body which needs blanking off.

[/quote']

ah right ok, i dont no anything about turbos so its all a learning curve :)

what ill do is get a video of all the ports(nipples) as my camera dont work but can still take video. will try get video up at the weekend so you can see whats what....

cheeers! big help!

have you got a vr6 turbo yourself then?

ok , vac feed from the dump valve can go to the nipple on the inlet manifold , the lower one .

the nipple on the samco bend can o to the vac source on the wastgate .

the fpr needs to be tapped into the standard frp vac pipe. but if your running the software and larger injectors , do away with it.

if not do it like that ..

i can supply software and injectors etc

send a email to info@jpautomotive.co.uk if you want anymore info

jim

Hi guys, I have tried jims idea and have tried pauls... Engine wont start at all now and the oil light started flashing again. When I crank it over it goes to start then cuts out straight away. Have put fresh petrol in it as well.

:'(