I may be completely blind but I've looked the threads for chris knott insurance but can't seem to find the reference number???

Any1 help?

Hi Dazzr' date=' (s)

I telephoned Chris Knott this morning, with [i']exactly the same query. Reading a post by 'ChrisKnott' that I am sure you too had seen, I mentioned this to a lovely sales representative, who took my word for it.

From their sheer, overwhelming presence on this forum, I am sure Chris Knott are the most competitive insurance company for VR6 owners, but my enquiries this morning revealed that they want to insure those with at least one year's NCB. I have no NCB. Nevertheless they said they could quote me a figure 'well in excess of £1500'. I'd rather walk.

Then, I telephoned Sky Insurance who quoted me £600. This was more than £250 better than the nearest quotation I had received through gocompare. Sky told me that the three years of NCB under my partner's policy was taken into account. I am a 31 year with no driving convictions or claims in the past five years.

Keep looking and don't rush into anything. Best of luck, old boy...

• 4 weeks later...

Then' date=' I telephoned [b']Sky Insurance who quoted me £600. This was more than £250 better than the nearest quotation I had received through gocompare. Sky told me that the three years of NCB under my partner's policy was taken into account. I am a 31 year with no driving convictions or claims in the past five years.

For us, it is frustrating that our details are a little hidden but we are glad you found your way through the hundreds of CK Insurance posts to take our details and give us a call.

Any queries you have please feel free to email us at any time; carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

For us' date=' it is frustrating that our details are a little hidden but we are glad you found your way through the hundreds of CK Insurance posts to take our details and give us a call.

[/quote']

You have got a whole thread dedicated to you in our premium members section with clear contact details.... You just cant see it as you are not a premium member, but under the 'insurance' section there is only 4 threads one of which is yours... i call every year and once even got insured with you but you lost me last year... i will be emailing you now though as im up for renewal thursday :)

Ive gotta say guys ive just made a few calls and its worth shopping around... Im sure each situation is different but this time i have had to go with Sky Insurance...

I am now 26 with 9 years no claims and no convictions.

My VR has a massive A4 sheet of modifications inc a full colour change respray, wheels, suspension etc and all of that is covered too like for like, fully comp, protected no claims....

All for £420 with Sky

Adrian Flux quoted £465 and Chris Knott couldn't even get close so didn't quote me.