Engine idle problem after engine swap

Hi there,

i wonder if someone can help, i changed my engine in my OBD1 VR6 recently and while the car starts and runs it ides very badly and seems to have no power. A mechanic who was 'supposed' to be helping me pulled out all the wires when not needed but then left me to it, and as i have no experience with car electrics i still have some wires left. my indicators donwt work nor me alarm or central locking.

i have clean the TB, checked all the earths as best i know, changed the O2 Sensor.

wires i have left include a brown male with brown and brown/red wires, a green female with green and green/brown (i think) wires, and a black female.

going back to it this morning so can get more info and perhaps pics then, but need some help as i am starting to think its best to get rid..... thanks all

big thanks! i bought new ht leads on ebay and to be honest wasnt sure when i got them if they were up to much. i have put my old ones back on and now while it is not trying to stall anymore it is still idling very low with now power. took some pics of the wires will try and up load now

Hi All, ok i think i have more than a electrical issue! i can pull the ht leads of cylinder 1, 3,and 5 with no difference to the engine! I am running on three cylinders!!! what could this be, i have set the time twice now but perhaps its still out? the leads are sparking.

Do you have any ideas guys?

if you have changed your HT leads' date=' it can only really be spark plugs or the coilpack mate...

if you OBD1, id recommend cleaning out the ISV also.

Pete

[/quote']

will the ISV do that??

yeah coilpack perhaps mate..... i know there was a guide on how to check a coilpack, maybe google it and see what it says then check..