Brakes are basically going to the floor if I apply gradual pressure to them

Had a look over and there is something leaking just infront of the passenger side rear wheel, i assume this is something to do with it. Can someone just confirm what this is?

Had a good look under the car, turns out its a brake line which has the smallest of cracks in it but pisses out fluid when you brake. Are these ok to weld up? The crack is tiny so would seem unecessary to completely replace it at expense

Replace the line, if its cracked already, who's to say that other parts of the line have become weakened...

With brakes being probably the biggest thing in regards to safety the last thing I would do the job properly and replace the whole line... it shouldn't be that expensive to have a single line made up... as there would be a lot of pressure in the lines once your stamping on the brakes, the last thing you want happening is for your foot to hit the floor when your doing 60MPH and you need to brake.

Please don't 'bodge' the line for the sake of yourself and any passengers that go in your car :)

Pete

Yeah I suppose I should get them replaced, going to need to pay over the odds though, need the car for work on Monday so having to take it to the only garages open on Sundays....Kwik-Fit and F1 autocentre! Pricey bill here we come :( fingers crossed they'll be able to do it though