Just noticed that when i swtich the car on to the first click where i have lights on the dash the fans start up does it every time seems they are running all the time and when im driving round i hear a loud click every now and then which i belive is the fans anyone with ideas? Thanks

Are you able to determine what speed the fans are running at? If Its speed 3 then your black sensor on thermo housing could be knackered, just unplug it, and flick the key again, same with the yellow sensor too... moving on from there, it could be switch on the radiator (unsure how to test that) or it could be the fan control module unit, these are fairly commonly known to go faulty... My final thought is that maybe the previous owner has put a perminent live feed on the ignition to the fans to mask a cooling issue the car may have had.. (of course that's assuming it's always been like that since you've owned it, and not something that has developed since you have owned it!)

Hope that's useful.

Pete

Nah this has been happening since i got the car and the aircon is switched off, i'll check those plugs to see if its goes off with one of them out. id say they werent going full pelt but a bit of a speed. Thanks for the replys will check now and post back with findings...

P.S Nervous if it is to mask a cooling problem as i was worried that the owner i bought it off only had it for like 4 months anyway of checking to be clear that its not got cooling issues?