Any one had issues with idle speed being too high when engine is at normal running temp? my 96 vr has just started doing this since i changed the temp sensor due to cold running problems ie nearly stalling all the time.symptons are after pulling up at a junction too a complete stop the rpm sticks at around 2k for 2-3 seconds then gradually goes down to normal 800rpm.I havnt got any fault codes logged, any suggestions??

Any one had issues with idle speed being too high when engine is at normal running temp? my 96 vr has just started doing this since i changed the temp sensor due to cold running problems ie nearly stalling all the time.symptons are after pulling up at a junction too a complete stop the rpm sticks at around 2k for 2-3 seconds then gradually goes down to normal 800rpm.I havnt got any fault codes logged' date=' any suggestions??

[/quote']

Sounds like MAF mate.

Double check first, disconnect and start the car, initial reaction when starting will be a bit lumpy till ECU realises, then drive the car and see if the problem consists.

Will be running on limp mode.

You should be able to see that the car runs better.

If thats the case then change the MAF, you do not need vag com to reset anything, drive the car for around 8miles then the new MAF will reset itself.

If your finding oil in the Intake Pipe, clean your Throttle at the same time.

Hope this helps.8-)

Hopefully sorted now, took the intake duct off and found the breather unit had just about parted company with the rubber hose that comes off the top of the rocker cover, quick clean up and a dab or two of super glue as a temp fix seems to have sorted it. Anyone know if the breather is available seperate to the intake ducting?