supercharge and turbo charging ?? can it be done on the same car engine?

ive been looking into turboing my 1998 highline. and i was wondering if its ever been done to run a small loom run supercharger and a big turbo at the sametime!?(i) ive looked allover for a vr with both sorts of forced induction! but on joy and i thought you boys weould know if ther is such thing as a VR6ST?

THANKS

STRETCHLINE(i)

the more i think about it the more i think i could be done as we've already got twin variable turbos but i think there would be an issue with the mapping/maf side of things possibly,wait for the FI experts to give their input

isn't the new fabia vrs a 1.4 turbo and supercharged?

on a smaller scale but maybe worth a look how they plumb it in and where the maf sensors are etc.

yeah good idea mate !! im off to the vw main dealers up the road from me tomorrow lol!!(i)

and that evo thread im gona look at that now......

THANKS

STRETCHLINE

Its called compound charging,

this mk4 has a g6o s/charger, plus a gt30, was featured in pvw a while back. Bit of a monster!

Don't think i've seen a vr like it, but check these guys out (trying to find the link)

I did my foundation degree project on exactly this actually! You would defo have to uprate EVERYTHING tho' date=' perfectly feasible... If you want any help, gimme a shout, and I'll even c if I can find the file to upload or send u!

[/quote']

thanks for the offer therr mate. i will take you up on that as im going to be doing it with all the best stuff so want to b e doing it right first time............8-) do you think i should go crank driven supercharger or smaller 12v one ? in your opinion what would be the ideal supercharger/turbo combo ? make/size

thanks stretchline

The problem on the VR is space. Imo the best way to do it is feed the turbo into a positive displacement S/C, like an Eaton. The G60 is way too small for a VR6.

You will need seperate throttle for the S/C input and one hell of an efficient intercooler to cool 2 lots of boosted charge air....

Personally I don't think it's worth it. With mordern turbos like the Borg Warner EFR, spool up and power just aren't an issue. 1 air compressor is a damn site more reliable in the long run too!

Right, I've just had a look, and found the paper copy and for arguments sake, I used an 8k rpm redline, but I will recalculate for 6.5k, to produce 750bhp+ at 8k, u need a garrett 'gt4294R - 774495-3' type turbo, coupled with an eaton m62 supercharger, with a 10psi pulley, you could use a modified aircon pump for the clutch to disengage this. There is alot more to it than this, I shall try and dig out the word doc! Kev does have a good point with the space issue tho!

Have to admit, I was hoping to be the first at this! :P good luck anyway mate, it'll be a beast when it's done!

Right' date=' I've just had a look, and found the paper copy and for arguments sake, I used an 8k rpm redline, but I will recalculate for 6.5k, to produce 750bhp+ at 8k, u need a garrett 'gt4294R - 774495-3' type turbo, coupled with an eaton m62 supercharger, with a 10psi pulley, you could use a modified aircon pump for the clutch to disengage this. There is alot more to it than this, I shall try and dig out the word doc! Kev does have a good point with the space issue tho!

Have to admit, I was hoping to be the first at this! :P good luck anyway mate, it'll be a beast when it's done!

[/quote']

thanks everyone for your help on this..^o)

but i have to admit that this is one big job for me and my little old two wheel drive 1998 highline.... i think thatr sort of power....(750+) will need 4x4........ (i) and that means i would have to take the cuttingf tools to my beloved highline up....... and i dont think i could bring myself to do that to my highline....!! so i think its going to be a turbo conversion for my highline and then im going to buy a 4motion in the summer and give it ago with that..... but im still going to do my research on it ..... but it will be on a different car

thanks again......

STRETCHLINE