[moved] Baffled ??? help needed with my vr6

hello people im new to all this but first of all i must say i love vr's and i have always wanted one.

But now i have purchased myself a mulberry purple highline 3 door n reg for a bargin £1200 lol.....

now im confused i dont know whether i own the obd1 or the obd2 but the odd things is that i have...

OBD1

throttle body

side repeaters

OBD2

diagnostic port e.g left of the astray

ABS unit

PLEASE NOTE....

i have looked at the FAQ section with the pics explaining what the difference between the two is but now i think you can see my problem :s

please someone help me as my beast has covered 180k and i want to get a lower milege vr lump but dont know whether to get the obd 1 or the obd2 many thanks to those that can help me with advice as im new to the vr6 scene :D

You could buy either obd1/2 engine and just transfer your ancillaries over. My vr had the 16(?) pin diagnostics port, was obd1, square indicators, an coilpack. It was a late obd1. Yours sounds like an early obd2, do you have a 4 or 6 pin MAF - the plug on the black cylindrical thing before the plastic intake elbow?

Oh, welcome to the site! :) Get some pics up fella!

Cheers mate yh I'm getting the new obd1 lump as I think the head gasket has just gone in mine to it has the tale tale signs talk about bad luck ay lol

why not just replace the head gasket and port ya head and fit some cams with the cash you would have spent on the new lump?