immob/alarm prob with flat battery

righto

car hasnt been used in nearly a month, but its a newish battery so a bit annoyed when i went to get it out and it wouldnt start. oh well i'll jump start it like before, or so i thought. so connected it to other car, pressed to turn off immob but instead of the alarm/locking etc going the alarm sounded once but immob didnt turn off. tried it again and nothing, though i'll try key but then alarm went off constant and wouldnt deactivate so had to disconnect battery. chcuking it on charger tonight but anyone got ideas what could be causing problem? like i said it had a flat battery a while ago but once connected to other car it started fine until battery gave up entirely

I don't want to be negative but it sounds like you've fried your alarm, I have heard a lot about problems with alarms after jump starting and my own alarm on my Vr has been damaged by jumping, hopefully it is just down to the fact that the battery is flat and sucking up a lot of power from the alternator, In turn making your alarm play up.

Disconnecting the battery for a min usually sorts mine but its a pain in the rear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people sorry to continue with this thread but I may as well continue with this than start a new thread.

Anyway the VR has been sitting on the drive for the best part of 6 weeks and the battery went flat.

I had to jump start it to get it in my garage on Saturday 15th to raise the coilovers before it went in for new sills and an MOT. The car did not jump start first time and i couldnt disable the alarm so i disconnected the battery waited a few minutes and tried again and it started fine.

I jump started it on Saturday 19th not a problem, got it to the garage and now the car wont start. We have tried to jump it, charge the battery and also use a booster. All the electrics seem to be fine but both remotes do not respond and i cant switch of the alarm/immob to start the car. :@

It is the standard alarm system on a '96 VR6.

Can anyone help? *-)

Does my alarm need to be re-programmed?

• 3 weeks later...