Hi all,

Picked my VR6 up on Friday and so far the car seems perfect!

However, this morning when I started it, it started but then the revs just died and the engine cut out. After three attempts it started, stayed running and off we went. Once it's running it is perfect. It also starts fine when warmed up.

Just went out to lunch, and it did it again! Three attempts then fine? Today is the first time it's happened. Was fine when I got it Friday and was fine Sat and Sun!?

Any ideas guys?

Had the exact same problem. I can tell you the problem lies with the immoboliser, however there are a few things that could be up, ranging from as simple as dodgy connections behind the steering wheel, or a faulty coil reader. You can pick a vr6 coil reader up off ebay for about a tenner, but first just trace the wires and make sure everything is sound.

If youre not bothered about having an immboliser or you have an aftermarket alarm with immobolisation i would be done with it, send your ecu to one of the dealers on here and for 80 quid or so can rid of the system so you wont have this problem again.