Best Place For New Sills?

They may need some work to get them to fit....

Yea im expecting them not to fit at all but atleast ill have something to work with lol

Question for you please Bungy, Do you know if the wings have to come off as i know most sills fit in behind the wings if im thinking correctly? Think its just going to be easier to cut the new sills down and weld them into the existing sills at the top where they are still good.

Cheers.

Any chance of pics of installation when it gets done? Mine are in same state as yours by the sounds of it' date=' and thought it would be expensive.

[/quote']

Yea no worries mate. My brother is a pannel beater in a repair shop so will take it into his garage over a weekend and give him a hand to get it done.

if the fronts of your sills are solid then dont cut them out, its a real complex part that has to be accurate in its position and shape. Also most sill sections wont include the front area anyway just the side legth. I did this for mine, cut out the bad sections and replaced with good its much less invasive to the structure. You also want to make sure the car isnt loaded or sagging when you do it cos thatll affect the integrity of the final article

the wings do overlap the front of the sills so if you need access to that area you will have to take the wings off

• 1 month later...