Oil pressure switch thread

iirc think its high on the left low on the right, can check under the bonnet later as i have a VDO sender on the low so its easy to tell which is which, but really it doesnt matter which one you use they will both be identical size holes in near enough exactly the same place

ive got a small leak on the oil pressure switch(the one with the lighter couloured wire going to it) my cars a obd2, and i was thinking to do both at the same time. does anyone know what part numbers they are?? any help would be great,thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Normally the oil pressure switches are 1/8" BSP taper thread don't use Parallel as it will leak. Always use either loc-tite thread seal or PTFE thread tape as well or it will leak. FYI to correctly fit thread tape hold the fitting in your left hand then travell around the switch thread clockwise with your right. This will ensure the tape seals when you tighten it!! without the tape falling off 1.5 times should do it

PS if you have use parallel thread you have to use a special 1/8" BSP gauge fitting with washer.

Yep lukey's right. i bought a turbo oil feed t piece, that's m10 x 1 and fine.

lots of companies i asked only had m10 x 1 listed for vw.

the only thing that you could get in 1/8 is the side tapping for a feed or gauge. but i had an m10 x 1 side tapping too.

• 5 years later...
Guest Christaxi

Hi I just bought mk3 vr had leak coming out of oil switch with yellow wire went to local motor factors gave reg they sold me oil switch fitted it same colour as old one black ran engine oil leaking out of switch do I need to use a sealer on switch or am I better off  using main dealer for parts any help would be helpful thanks Chris. Liverpool.