HI ALL, JUST WONDERED IF ANY ONE COULD HELP ME ON A FEW QUERIES I HAVE.

FIRSTLY, I HAVE BEEN READING ON HERE ABOUT AUX WATER PUMPS, AND IT APPEARS THAT MINE MAY NOT BE WORKING. I NEVER SEEM TO HEAR THIS RUNNING ON NOISE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SWITCH THE CAR OFF, IS THIS GOING TO CAUSE ME ANY TROUBLE??

SECONDLY, MY ENGINE HAS A BIT OF A RATTLE WHEN IT IS COLD, MAINLY FROM AROUND THAT AUX WATER PUMP AREA, POSSIBLY TIMING CHAIN AREA, PARTICULARLY BETWEEN 1000RPM TO 2000RPM, BUT THIS GOES AWAY AFTER A MIN OR TWO, SOMETIMES LESS. ANY THOUGHTS??

AND FINALLY, I DONT KNOW WETHER THIS IS JUST THE TYPE OF THESE VR6'S, BUT CAR DOESNT SEEM OVERLY POWERFUL LOW DOWN THE REVS, WHEN I SINK THE BOOT IS DOESNT SEEM TO REV TOO QUICKLY TO 3000RPM OR SO, BUT THEN WHEN IT REACHES 3500-4000 IT SEEMS TO TAKE OFF LIKE HELL, LIGHTS THE TYRES UP THEN NEXT THING YOUR LOOKIN FOR ANOTHER GEAR. YOU WOULD THINK IT HAD LIKE A HONDA VTEC FEELING TO IT NEARLY. ANY WAYS OF OVERCOMING THIS OR IS THIS JUST THE BREED OF THE BEAST???LOL

ANY HELP ON EITHER OF THESE 3 SMALL ISSUES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. HAD MY FIRST VR6 FOR FEW WEEKS NOW AN THINK ITS AMAZING. GREAT CAR. THIS IS MY FIRST POST ALSO, WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS. CHEERS, TED

in regards to your pump i have just changed mine for brand new one when u turn key all way just before u start car u should he water pumping around also if u feel the hoses from the pump you should feel water runnin through , also after every run when key is out water should continue to run , in regards to problems it can cause problems over time , the run on pump stops hot spots forming after turn off also primer engine prior to start up, also have heard of occasions where heater matrix has been damaged, end of the day vw fitted it for a reason so should work correct, i got new one from gsf 84 quid , easy to fit mine all working great now , hope this helps let me know . . .