Does anyone know the difference between the MAF sensor 021906402 and 021906402A. I'm trying to source a replacement off ebay and theres two ive found with the latter part number. One of which was supposedly for a sharan/galaxy. the other was from a golf vr6 so im unsure of whether it would work or not. can anyone confirm whether the 021906402A would work?

My cars a 94 M obd1, and the code for my maf is 021906402. i've also been advised to buy them brand new rather than second hand, but ECP quoted me over £200 for one, and i don't have that much spare tbh. can anyone further advise on buying a second hand one?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Have you tried cleaning your old old has it def gone? They are so easy to damage especially from the scrappy. The worst is if they ever get wet the hot resistor over heats or something. Try cleaning your old one with contact cleaner from maplin. I assume they all have different resistances this gives the ecu the correct mass of air flow through the inlet manifold. If this isn't the same then you're screwed. I'd ask them to check the resistance and temp if poss then try compare with yours. One resitance will be be fixed as reference the other will alter with the air flow. Good luck.