4Motion Golf Battery Drain ?

Hi guys

I got the car 1 month ago almost, when i driove it out of the garage the battery died and car stopped. I changed the battery and got it home, put the battery on in am, started and ran, then died. cut long story short the eciter wire for the alterntor which supplies the battery light in dash was broken, so it was only charging after u blip the throttle to 2500 rpm ish. (I mention this as im sure many of you have had or will have this problem with this car) so I got that fixed. and for 2 weeks its been fine, used daily and left for 1 or 2 days here and there..........so...........I went to start it yesterday after it was left for 1 and a half days and the battery didnt have enough juice to turn the engine over? Even though it was ok for all that time ? So i wentand got a new battery, its the recommended one, 650 amp crank power or somerthing like that, put that on and its like a dream. I put a ammeter bewtween the battery terminal and the negative conenctor to test for drain in the system, it read 0.03-0.04 mA which is nothing right ? sounds about normal ? so Im wondering what could of possibly caused the battery to drain? bearing in mind that was the batter ythat had all the trouble dying when the alternator was not working properly? could it of been just a dead battery and it just gave up ? I will let you know how i get on with this new abttery

Sorry to go on ^^ but II would realyl like to know if any of you have experienced anythign like this with your 4 motions ? is there a peace of kit that naturally drains the battery which u maybe pulled the fuse foer lol ?

Tony :) thank you in anticipation :)

The only problem I have had on my 04 4motion was the alternator packing in but that was replaced and everything is ok. You can start removing fuses to track down where your current loss is but I would suspect that deep cycling the battery when the alternator went took the battery out with it.