what vr6 should i buy

Guest callumlj

Guest callumlj

as my lost thread i am looking into buying a vr6. what one is best to buy is it worth the extra money for a highline.

i want one with leather and air con can i get these in a normal vr. what sort of year and milage should i be looking to buy.

Dude, theyre all good!

You can get air con and leather in non-highlines, personally i wouldnt pay the any extra for highline status.

Later VRs have cosmetic changes, the wheel arch trim is lost and bumpers are colour coded, which looks nicer in most peoples opinions.(i think this is 96on?)

Some favour later OBD2 cars, wouldnt bother me OBD 1 or 2. Not convinced one sort is more powerful.

Strong engines, should go for ages. Worries of timing chains breaking at some point and some recommend changing these at 100-120K.

I wouldnt buy one without FSH.

As with any car, try to suss out if the cars been looked after and cherished, or thrashed and abused.

Oh rust is another thing, Mk3s are prone to rust around the sills, and where the tailgate attaches.

All i can think of at the moment.

Theres a buyers guide somewhere, im sure thatll be more useful than my ramblings.