Coilovers fitted, now got steering wheel wobble!

Help! Had JOM coilovers fitted all round, new wishbones, new supersport top mounts and bearings, plus new front discs and pads. All perfect except when driving along at any speed, steering wheel rocks/wobbles gently from side to side....

Tracking is OK. Not had 4 wheel laser alignment done yet but garage advise this is not a sympton and would not cure, suggesting I go back and have all suspension checked,,,,

what do you guys reckon, I note a few of you have had some experience of fitting coilovers.

PS running coilovers not to low (yet) roughly 29cm from wheel centre to wheel arch all round....

any thoughts much appreciated, ta in advance

It could be a balancing issue any lead weights drop off when you had the rims off??

Tyre guys say a balancing issue comes n goes with speed, my issue remains irrespective of speed....

seems like ALL feedback coming back thru steering wheel, I put it down to lower/harder ride of coilovers, but puzzled by the steering wheel rocking (minimal but pia!)

well with JOM coilies ( not the softest ride anyway) and then new bushes wishbones etc mate that will cause a fair amount of cabin shake especially if they are set fairly low ! if its only minimal then I wouldnt worry, one other thing you can do to minimise it is to fit softer compound tyres, I found the Toyo's reduced road noise and vibration when I fitted them

• 3 weeks later...

Bump (or should that be wobble)!

It's not a vibration, the steering wheel wobbles from side to side at anything more than 10mph! annoying me now!

Certainly getting a lot of feedback throught he s/wheel from lumps n bumps but the wobbles remain constant...

any more thoughts??

Could well be a problem with the bearings or hubs, have you been able to check that they have been pressed in straight?

If you do the work yourself, i'd first just get it up on the stands and do a full spanner check on the front to elimate anything loose, and go from there.

Could well be a problem with the bearings or hubs' date=' have you been able to check that they have been pressed in straight?

If you do the work yourself, i'd first just get it up on the stands and do a full spanner check on the front to elimate anything loose, and go from there.

[/quote']

That could explain the o/s/f brake chaffing too! will get garage to check ASAP....

Could well be a problem with the bearings or hubs' date=' have you been able to check that they have been pressed in straight?

[/quote']

That could explain the o/s/f brake chaffing too! will get garage to check ASAP....

What do you mean chaffing? How are the brakes chaffing

You need to get it tracked up first....your camber deffo will be out for a start!

Driving your car without having the camber reset after fitting coilovers is pure madness. Get it done ASAP your camber will be out deffo, plus I would put money on wheel alignment as well. Make sure you pay attention to getting the ride height the same on both sides or as close as humanly possibe.

Google camber angle and you will be surprised to see what your driving aganst when its not set up correctly.