help needed on kickdown please

no because it gets into all of the gears normally. its only when im going along and plant my foot down that the kickdown engages and goes down a gear , it revs untill it goes as fast as it can in that gear, then it wont change back up but . thanks for suggestion though

its 1994 and its the one with a dipstick . it seems fine but i have to make sure that the level is right because there is a small atf leak between the transmission and engine. it was previously stuck in the limp mode due to an electrical lead being corroded and snapped but i fixed that with brand new part and it seems fine apart for this problem

• 11 months later...

i found it and twisted it clockwise half a turn and it seems to be better but not 100% .

how do you adjust it properly because i was only guessing ? as in what does turning it anti clockwise and clockwise do and by how much ? cheers

hi mate ' date=' i have the same problem.

well u said u twisted it clockwise half a turn and it seems to be better but not 100%

could u tell me how can i do that ? and where the heek is it ? here's a pictures

[img']http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx129/moode4u/Undddtitled.jpg

another thing , i heard mates saying to disconnect the battery for 15 - 20 min , and after that leave it idle, ( idle means to reconnect the battery and don't start the engine for 15 min ? or start the engine and leave it idle ?

i found it and twisted it clockwise half a turn and it seems to be better but not 100% .

how do you adjust it properly because i was only guessing ? as in what does turning it anti clockwise and clockwise do and by how much ? cheers

hi mate ' date=' i have the same problem.

well u said u twisted it clockwise half a turn and it seems to be better but not 100%

could u tell me how can i do that ? and where the heek is it ? here's a pictures

[img']http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx129/moode4u/Undddtitled.jpg

another thing , i heard mates saying to disconnect the battery for 15 - 20 min , and after that leave it idle, ( idle means to reconnect the battery and don't start the engine for 15 min ? or start the engine and leave it idle ?

hi mate , yeah leaving it disconnected for 15 mins is ment to reset the ecu i think, and leaving it idle with engine on.

Didnt work for me though , i think it might be throttle body position sensor or a sensor on the box.

so far ive replaced:

Torque convertor- reconditioned £160

Internal wiring loom £110

Oil strainer £40

Oil about 4 times. £60 all together

Oil pump - both seals and gasket £20

Cover plate gaskets - sump, side plate £20

also:

Stripped valve body down and cleaned.

Cleaned all solenoids.

Still intermittent problem so took car to get plugged into VAG COM and came up with

Throttle body position sensor - turns out you can reset it using VAG COM but costs £25 a shot over here to get pugged in.

well , the car now is sleeping without a battery ;)

so tomorrow morning , I'll connect it and leave it 15 min idle

i don't know mate, that mechanic just screw it , i just wanted him to adjust the timing chain .

but u know when u wanna do it , u have to take off the gearbox, so i guess he didn't put

the plugs or sensors together as it should.

sound, let me know how you get on.

yeah i did my timing chains and gearbox work all at the same time.

He probably didnt remove sensor before dropping gearbox completely because i know as you drop it that particular sensor just catches - luckily i noticed before mine got smashed off.

sound' date=' let me know how you get on.

yeah i did my timing chains and gearbox work all at the same time.

He probably didnt remove sensor before dropping gearbox completely because i know as you drop it that particular sensor just catches - luckily i noticed before mine got smashed off.

[/quote']

it's alright now mate , it's was the Multi Function Switch (Neutral Safety Switch)