Found some little bits

Hi all, Just been surfing the net in work as im bored and stumbled across a few bits. Volkswagen dealers do a pretty cool metal VW keyring for £3. Might be getting one of those. And Dubsport sell a quickshift kit for £30!!!! Has anyone fitted one of these to their dub? Id be very tempted at that price as elsewhere i havent seen them under 100 quid... Probably supplied with a hacksaw blade and instructions ebay style:-) Although Dubsport have got a good rep....

Yeah definately- thanks Pete, if its any good ill be getting one of them!!! Ive got a lot of respect for Dubsport after seeing their twin engined, charged, VR6!!! Lovely machine that...So i would imagine its a pretty good part- Let me know!!! :)

it's a dealer suplied metal VW keyring that i've got' date=' and it is pretty good. No cheap shit here! Cost me 2 quid from Inters a few years back.[/quote']

I've got one of the OE VW keyrings so has the wife,had them for about 7 years now and they still look great,no chips or flaking,don't buy the after market ones though,there crap and will last about 7 days if your lucky!! Paid 5.50 each for them back then though!!

Mike.

Yeah iv spotted it on the VW website, have to pop in and get one- bought one from GTI show a few years ago and payed a fiver- thought that was cheap! 3 quid is a bargain. As for the short shift kit- i know - Pete8tch pointed it out- gutted. Should read things more carefully!!! :) It does say mk 3's though: As far as i know all of the mk3 GTI's and VR6's are cable change. Dont see the point of putting a short shift kit on a 1.4 :)

yeah definitely, my mate bought mine and i went in it not long ago. Miss the bark at full chat, the super sharp handling and feel, funny sitting in it too- the windscreen seems really upright after owning mk3's for so long... I would love to have a go in one again, would definitely love to own one as a second car again....

reminising (sp?) eh! I loved my MK2 too. Was only an 8V, but i alays had the plans of VR6ing it. I then decided to be really stupid and sell the thing that had soaked up all my spare cash from the last 2.5 years and buy a Corrado..........

Made even worse when the bloke that i sold it to put most of it back to standard! It was a near mint black 3 door on a H, coilovers, Ronal Turbo's, full magnex with twin 3.5" pipes, single lamp grille (which would have been a rallye front had i kept it any longer), smoked lights all round, all the ICE sorted.......and then i sold it......