engine oil and filter change.

apologies if I should be searching for this basic info elswhere but after tackling the haldex oil and filter chance a week or two back its time for engine oil change and filter on my 4 motion

does anyone know the torque setting for the drain plug and the filter housing?

is the sump drained at the back im thinking i can do the whole job with the car up on ramps if it does, naturally i scrambled under to have a quick look but all i see at the moment is the plastic cover im assuming this drops away after undoing some screws, does it need to be released in any particular direction or way (no wonder the oil change using a pump through the dip stick tunnel is getting popular, but for me the last little bit of oil you dont get using this method is probably the bit that really needs to come out!

Do you think ramps give to steep an angle for oil draining?

I have done basic jobs before on my cars but even simple stuff seems slightly daunting without the help of a haynes manual! The bently manual looks a bit pricey. any advice appreciated.

Under spoiler comes off with a tug fwd after releasing the torx screws. I use a pump for inbetween oil changes and raise the front for filter changes as it requires access from beneath. You'll need a large socket for the filter housing and I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it is 34mm. The filter housing has a drain plug on it too which helps reduce spills. The filter housing has a low torque setting but I do it up hand tight as it looks easy to damage and i've had zero leaks.

yes its 36mm, unfortunately someone during a previous oil change has managed to totally round off the drain on the bottom of the filter so things were a little more oily than they needed to be. you have to hope whichever hamfisted person that managed that hasnt "mended" anything else on the car.