Have to sell or break I'm afraid

Well, I've had my VR6 for 5 years and it's been a pleasure. But I've started doing business mileage now and have just been allocated a car allowance, the timing couldn't be worse because I've just had a full service and MOT (sailed through - again!). Unfortunately, there is a stipulation that while reasonably flexible, the car must be less than 5 years old when purchased.

I hadn't planned on ever parting with it but I'm really not sure what to do now.

I suspect the car might be worth more in bits than all together but that seems a real shame as it drives really well - help me decide!

1997 3dr black Highline, 110k miles, Schrick fitted, AMD re-map, supersprint exhaust (recently replaced centre pipe), K&N panel, full leather, working aircon. Made 202bhp/210lbft iirc at last RR day but that was with a blowing joint on the exhaust.:-d

Full service, MOT and a brand new TOYO (puncture) a few weeks ago - see, poor timing!

dlea fitted some AVO springs less than a year ago and did the chains and clutch the year before - really miss not having Dave in Wilmslow.:-|

Drives really well, 36 mpg on a run but needs a bit of attention round the front and rear arches, had a quote for £200 ish but haven't had chance to get it done.

I have suggested that I keep both to my other half but she's not into cars, it really didn't go down well.

I'd like it to find a new home, it's the best car I've ever had and I have realised I'm rather emotionally attached to it!

Just don't know what to do - time is short too, I enquired about having 2 cars on the policy to give me some thinking time but I cannot believe how much it costs! I think they charge by the minute!

hi ive got the same prob as you, ive had mine less time than you, just found out she needs some welding work done although the bloke is doing it at a good price for me its still alot of money that i aint got, so im having to break her and im gutted, one of the nicest cars ive driven so far, im so attached she is also great to drive and i love her power, will get another one but its going to be some time before ive got the money to buy an other one, shame about your other half aint into cars. If yours is that clean and only needs lil bits done i'd rent a garage to keep her in. Hope that helps abit, also if you change jobs then you will end up with out a car, if you can afford it try and keep both, lol treat the other half to a day out butter her up. good luck.

Looking at what the bits go for, I can pull of the quick stuff;

Schrick £800, Leather interior (is mint) £300, bumpers and side trims (painted highline)?, wheels and tyres (I have spares), hella mk4 style lights and trade in the new tax disk - in a short time I'm looking at £1500 easily.

I dare say I could strip some other bits off too.

Seems like lunacy as it has a 12 month ticket though, I'd rather give it to somebody for that sort of figure and let them enjoy it. 3 week old fully synthetic oil anyone!?;)

well if you do end up stripping it mate' date=' i will have the engine to ecu loom off you. i'm desperate for one now :(

[/quote']

OK, noted - you might have to remove it yourself though as due to time requirements my other half will want me to turn it round quite quickly. Never taken a loom off before (or on!) so I have no idea how long that would take.

I'm going to take some pictures shortly and post it up for sale today as is. It'll be pretty reasonably priced so someone would be able to buy it enjoy it as a whole instead.