help...again...please!!

Well thought i would be a bit clever and do another one of those little jobs you mean to get round to...

Rear passenger door slightly sticks out..not flush. So thought i would move the bracket on the rear arch(you know the one) in slightly,thus pulling door flush. Torque peice in hand, bracket lossened, bracket nudge in a few ml's, tigthen...tidy. Door closed, flush...again tidy. Then on opening the door i noticed that 2 of the 3 bolts holding the lock mechanism in the door where actually missing. So 2 bolts later all done....you guessed..tidy. open close open close all good!!! Then i noticed door was slightly in rather tahn flush. Realising the original problem was the bolts not the bracket i thought i would return bracket to original place....THE PROBLEM....cant get the.....f...flipping door open!! Both handles have no resistance!

So how much frustration is going to be indured and how much damage to door panel will be done trying to get it of from crammed in the back seat with door closed???

Any advice you fantastic lot?? ta