A Sad Farewell :(

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to my beloved VR.. Never thought I would see the day, but two little boys later and the finances just can't stretch to sorting out the rust etc.

So she will be going in the next week or so, to a mechanic who will be able to invest time and money in getting the old girl back up to par!

In the mean time, I need inspiration!!! I'm looking for a four door saloon, for around £16-1700. So far I've looked down the usual Passat / Bora / Beemer / Audi route.. Even been tempted with an Alfa 156 with only 30k on the clock :-# ... Anyone got some suggestions for a decent family hack??

Oh and i will definately be back with another VR at some point, I love em!

Well, i pick up the new motor tomorrow! vr went on friday evening..... managed to track down a bargain! seat toledo v5. full black leathers, electric driver and passenger seats, cruise control, digi climate control, cd changer, mint interior, very tidy outside, full main dealer history with tons of reciepts...... 900 quid! milleage is sky high but runs smooth as anything... well chuffed!!!!!!

Easiest way is gonna be using the pics courtesy of auto trader!!! Here's my new daily hack! Bit of an impulse buy but for £975 with this spec I couldn't help it!! I must say it is growing on me loads, and its still a VR,,., sort of!!!

media5.jpg

media2.jpg

media1.jpg

media.jpg

media3.jpg

media4.jpg

And lots of paperwork!

media6.jpg

• 5 months later...