I'm wanting to upgrade my speaker system but don't really want to stick a big sub / amp combo in the boot as I need the space. Would simply upgrading the existing speakers be just as good in terms of volume and quality? If so can anyone recommend a good set?

Ta

same as above i have a JBL twin 10" self powered tube and theres plenty of room left over. I recently binned the stock speakers and on recommendation got InPhase XTC6 and they are more than capable, theyll go full volume on my alpine cda-9866R no problem. They also fit behind the stock enclosures as the front doors are pretty tight for , and the stock grilles will go on with just a bit of flattening the edge rim.

The stock system is a basic component system, so you may want to replace with a component system, rather than just coaxials as the stock mounting positions aurally arent that bad

if you take the pockets of the doors then you can mount the speakers from behind it means taking the door panels off and depending on the mounting depth of the speakers you may need to trim the cardboard behind the speaker to get better sound

I upgraded rear doort speaker to FLY ones DONT use fly the rubber seal splits .. Go for VIBE/FUSION or PIONEERS shallow mount also upgarde the dash mounted tweeters .. I'd also recomend dynomat sounddeadening makes world diff to vibrations and sound quality

you have to be careful mounting them on the back of the door card cos the window system is very close' date=' get a deep basket speaker and it will foul on the window and/or mechanism

[/quote']

ive had no problems not even removed the plastic liner im running alpine's they are quite deep

hoping to get jl audio 6w3v3's in there soon they will stop the window lol

• 2 weeks later...