Simples matey! It's easier if u remove the door card to start with then use an 8mm (iirc) star socket to remove bolt on side of the door then pull the door handle as if u were opening the door and pop out the side that hasn't got the lock on it. Then take a look inside the door and you'll see where the latch sits inside the clip on the door handle. Pull the handle again and wiggle it around so the latch is released from the clip and the handle should just pop out :)

Thanks very much mate I had missed the 8mm screw. I had undon the three for the locking mechanism but missed that one. The pin took some bending to get it in the right position for the hook on the polo mk4 handles, did you have to bend your pin ass well. CHEERS MATE

You don't need to take the lock mech out matey. For the door handle the only screw u need to undo is the star bolt. No not really mate but sometimes it's good to have it slightly bent as u may have it pop out the catch initially. Happened to meonce on each door after fitting mine. Pain in the arse taking door cards off whilst the door is stuck shut!