Right tonight a friend came round to test my car after my conversion from gti to vr6 (mk3) the lead is getting power because the led light is on but it dosent want to scan, we have taken the radio out, changed the clocks from vr6 to gti back to vr6 still nothing. Does anyone have a picture of the wiring or any ideas what could be causing this.

if im right i think it should cut out but not to sure as it needs tht and the crank to do the spark i think im not to sure! the k line needs to b cut and need to the speedo under the dash it where it plugs in that where mind did but mine was a 1992 golf so obd1 with obd2 engine! i used tht site for all of my wiring so if u go through it, it should help well i hope it does

Yh from what read I need to wire the kline into the brown ground lead in the fuse box. Well if my cam sensor isn't working that would explain underpowered and bad fuel burn as the spark is weaker so it's running rich which would explain some o the smoke I get. Thanks alot for the info.

Leads and plugs are new and coil pack is also I I've changed the maf which to make sure was fine I put it on with the arrow facing forwards opposite the airflow direction and it hardly ran. So I unplaugged the cam sensor and nothing happened unplugged the blue temp sensor and idle raised up so that's working.