Well when I first start mine up it idles at around 1k then drops to 8-900 and feels a little lumpy so I have brought a cam sensor just invade it's this and I have a little feeling it could be injector being stuck open or not closing properly causing it to leak fuel and burning it off when i start it up hence high idle and could be loosing some fuel pressure which could be a cause of a slight missfire due to it being starved of fuel, luckily tesco have redex on offer so I brought some will let you know how I get on once it's checked on vagcom and replaced cam sensor. So nex I don't think your wrong and I don't think your right, and all my knowlegde is from doing the conversion and happen to be doing thermodynamics on my course. Hope I help :)

really can t believe this but i had a look today under the bonnet and i thought i would take the inlet mani off and load and behold the bracket that holds the throttle cable in had one bolt in at the top !!! not good so sorted that out and some of the ht leads and bobs your f**king unlce she works once again !!!!!!! and thanks to all you guys and girls for the tips !!!