converted my mk3 gti to vr6 obd1 but now the car feels sluggish .wiring problem maybe??????

hi im new to this site a few of you may recognise the name from e38.basicly iv converted my 2.0 colour concept to vr6 obd1 i belive.i brought a hole car and swaped every thing over and the car went very well befor removing.since putting it into my car it seams sluggish and a bit flat everything works fine on the car but was thinking maybe i have wiried it up wrong is there any wires on the vr loom that would cause this to happen????.also i used the gti fuel pump as was told that would be fine.you also get sort of rally pop noices coming from the exhaust when coming down in the revs when reving it dunno if thats normal .

might be me being paronoid but any suggestions would be great

i havent changed the plugs since the conversion maybe an idea 2 but it did run sweet befor i swapped it in my car.

i was thinking maybe maf just seams strange that it ran ok befor. is there any wiring that put round the wrong way would make it run like that fuse box end i mean

thanks for all your replys

rob, make sure the maf is plugged in the right way, true story now. My mate whos a mechanic bought a vr6 about 4 months ago for 800 quid and took it straight off the road to respray it and everything else, he started getting starting problems and misfiring problems and lost interest and just wanted rid of it, another mate of ours bought it off him for 600 (fresh out the painters) he did some fiddling around to see what the misfire was, turned out the maf was on the wrong way! sounds very similar to your problem worth a try, could be so many things though mate, id change the plugs, make sure the maf is plugged on the right way, check the leads and coilpack, clean the maf before splashing out on a new one and get it scanned with vagcom (see the vagcom list on here of people who will scan your car for you if you dont know anyone)

Like i said mate it can be alot of things, there are a few sensors that could cause this i think there are about 3 or 4 sensors that can cause it that are common. Really you could do with it being scanned with vagcom it would make life alot easier for yourself

• 2 weeks later...

hall sensor would mean cam sensor on the later models

did it say engine speed sensor (g28)or abs speed sensor or vehicle speed sensor ?? if its the first one its the crank sensor that would also trigger the fault for the hall sender. This would throw your ignition timing and fuel injector cycles out so sounds like the fella to me.

the only thing is thats confusing me if it had no signal on the crank sensor im pretty sure it wouldnt

start

regards scott