My VR Clean and tidy (Updated 15/08)

Gave the car a good clean and polish today, doesn't happen very often so to get it to this stage took me all bloody day!

full.jpg

frontright.jpg

frontlef.jpg

rear.jpg

Going to be fitting some new alloys and coil overs this year and have a set of mk4 style head lights ready to go on too!

LOL the photo's make the car look better than it really is but thanks. It could do with a full re-spray as its scratched to buggery and if you look closely at the rear picture thares a nice rust spot just above the licence plate.

I'm going to go for a set of Borbet 'A' I think but I'll see what comes up.

Gave the car a little overall on the coolent system today. The cars been running really rough on cold start and after making some enquiries and looking on some of the threads on here I decided to get the cam sensor and temperature sensor changed.

I changed the cam sensor first and afterwards the car ran alot smother and more responsive but unfortunatley the following morning I still had the cold start problem.

I changed the temp sensor today and flushed out and changed the cooling system at the same time. I did this from cold obviously and on starting the car I had a big smile on my face. No lumpy tickover and the car warmed up nicely. So thats another problem knocked on the head and made alot easier with the information I could find on this site so thank you guys. :)

Thanks Nat, it was really bugging me but all sorted now.

Just ordered myself a new de-badged grill for it now to treat myself on a job well done hehe. My current grill must have been a little loose and the badge and part of the grill itself flew off while I was tonning it down the motor way! :)

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update as i've not posted for a while. I've done a little bit to the car the past few weeks. I've put the replacement de-badged grill on, changed the crank sensor, removed the intake and TB and cleaned them up, I've also lowered the car on coilovers.

Yet to do, i'm still looking for a set of nice wheels, want to re-trim the black plastics of the car as they are a little scabby and get the body work blown over with some fresh paint.

I've got a spare £1000 or so to spend at the end of this month so that should be organised soon. After that I think i'll start thinking about taking her off the road to re-build (service) the engine.

I'll post up some pics at the weekend to show what she looks like now.

Well the car needs some TLC and she's worth it! :) It was that or let her in doors loose with the credit card which was a very tough decision but after many, many seconds of deliberation I decided the car deserved it more! lol

• 4 weeks later...